In the U.K., electricity is a major cause of accidental fires according to government statistics. The statistics show that more than 20,000 homes succumb to fire incidents resulting from electricity every year. In the modern era, it is only normal to find heating appliances especially heat pumps and boilers in most households. Although most heaters are designed to operate reliably and efficiently for decades, it only takes a single slip-up in the installation stage to turn the appliance into a major liability.
While most heating systems may be expensive to install, they bring you large savings on energy bills. However, for this to be achieved, a professional and a highly trained plumber must be involved. Before calling in a professional, have an idea of your heating requirements. For your bathroom for example, would you like a towel warmer or a towel drying radiator? Keep in mind that a towel warmer will only warm towels while a radiator will warm both the towel and the bathroom.
In instances where you cannot install a whole new central heating system, a competent contractor can install new heaters that have better heat retentions and controls. One mistake homeowners make is hiring amateurs for installation procedures. In fact, some homeowners try to save up on costs by undertaking DIY processes. What results is that proper venting codes such as aeration are not adhered to. This is where you find heating systems installed too close to windows if outdoors, and indoor heaters installed without adequate ventilation.
For gas heaters, the result is usually emission of the deadly carbon monoxide that can be fatal. A professional understands installation details critically and never installs a heating system in an enclosed and unventilated place. Although some oversights such as ungrounded wires may not lead to fire episodes, they could result in the damage of electronic components. In other words, it is worthwhile to contact an installation specialist to avoid damage and incorrect installation.
Safety in the bathroom, electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk