Why Noisy Central Heating Calls for a Plumbing and Heating Professional

If you return from work for a cosy evening in and your central heating system is clanking and gurgling, you may need to call a plumbing and heating professional. Common central heating noises include humming, clanking, clicking, and gurgling. If any of these is present, you need a professional to investigate.

Why your central heating is making a racket

The reasons for all those noises depend on the underlying cause. For example, if there’s a loud banging sound, the chances are there’s a problem with your pipe work. This could be because they’ve become slightly loose and need securing, or you might need to flush the system. Another less common cause is a thermostat that’s delivering the wrong pressure.

When your radiator begins to tap or gurgle, it may be due to trapped air. Fortunately, this is relatively easy to resolve. Bleeding your radiator by loosening the screw in the corner and letting some water out can resolve the issue. In some cases, a build up of limescale is the underlying cause. A professional can flush through your radiator to reduce this.

Call a professional

If you find that you can’t resolve the issue yourself, you need to call a professional plumber. To ensure the person you call is armed with the right information, take a few notes first. You might want to try and determine where the noise is coming from, whether it happens just after turning on your heating, and how often it occurs. Try and be as descriptive as possible, too.

Using the services of a gas-safe registered professional, you can get to the bottom of the problem and enjoy noise-free central heating in no time.

Limescale: A plumber’s insider guide, supersavvyme.co.uk

Other Interesting Articles

Posted in Plumber.